Dream MORE (“Marshall Opportunities for Resilience and Education”) is a free afterschool and summer program in Lynn where middle school students can discover fun, new activities (such as robotics, cooking, and art) within a caring community of friends and mentors. Dream MORE is a 21st Century Community Learning Center program funded in part by the U.S. Department of Education and run in partnership with Lynn Public Schools. Check back in Spring 2023 for Summer 2023 Program details.
- Discover Your Interests - Try new activities and find something you’re passionate about.
- Connect with Others - Meet new friends, caring teachers, and people in the community.
- Grow and Improve - Get assistance with your homework, set goals you care about, and start to pursue them.
Session 1: October 5 - December 15, 2022Session 2: January 17 - March 30, 2023 Session 3: April 5 - June 8, 2023 Days: Mondays - Thursdays (not including half-days and holidays). Students can sign up for two days (Mon/Weds or Tues/Thurs) or all four days. Time: 2:30-5:15 PM Location: Thurgood Marshall Middle School, Lynn
During the school year, the daily schedule is roughly as follows: 2:30-3:30 PM: Snack, homework support, games, workshops and check-ins with Dream MORE staff 3:30-4:45 PM: Enrichment activities such as entrepreneurship, social justice, engineering, science, art, and photography 4:45-5:15 PM: gym time, board games, additional homework support
Added benefits include:
- Daily snacks
- Transportation home at the end of the day if home is more than one mile from school
- Teen Center and College Success programming available in Salem once you are in high school
- Friendly staff of community partners, Lynn Public School and LEAP employees
- District COVID safety protocols in place
Open to students residing in Lynn, with priority given to Thurgood Marshall Middle School students and those from economically disadvantaged households, English learners, students of color, and first-generation-to-college students.
For more program information, contact Wanntha Sim using any method below:
Mar. 14, 2023
In the News: “Former Lynn Superintendent to Speak at Nonprofit Event”
Mar. 02, 2023
Winter 2023 at LEAP
Feb. 03, 2023
Looking Back to Look Ahead: A Report on the Condition of Education in the Commonwealth
Sep. 01, 2022
New study shows that social capital is the key to reducing poverty and empowering underserved youth’s upward mobility.
Aug. 10, 2022