The Teen Center offers free after-school and summer programs for students in grades 9-12 from Salem, Peabody, Lynn, and surrounding communities. Our Teen Center is a fun, safe space (with daily meals, Wifi and computers to use), where students can fit in, make new friends, get homework help, and participate in fun activities and programs, while working towards the future they want.
- Explore Your Interests - try new activities, explore career interests, and invest time in what you’re passionate about
- Engage with the Community - meet new people, build relationships, discover your own city through field trips, and volunteer
- Grow and Improve - keep up with your schoolwork, set goals you care about and start to pursue them
Fall Session: Monday, September 26th -Thursday, December 15th Spring Session: Monday, January 9th -Thursday, June 15th, 2023Days: Mondays - Thursdays (not including holidays or school vacation breaks) Time: 3:00-7:00 PM Location: LEAP Office at Shetland Park, 35 Congress St., Suite 102, Salem, MA
During the school year, a variety of specialized programs meet weekly:
- Sisters for Success - Peer empowerment group that unites female-identifying students to be inspired and motivated by each other.
- Brothers for Success - Peer empowerment group that explores opportunities and challenges for male-identifying students of color.
- Social Justice Initiative - Voice your opinions around race, identity, and equity; delve into anti-racism, social injustices, and advocacy.
- ML Spot - Expand your vocabulary and improve your speaking and writing skills through community-based projects chosen and designed by you.
In addition to the above year-long programs, added benefits include:
- Free daily snacks and a meal
- Fun activities like art projects, board games and tech projects
- Free tutoring and a place to do homework
- Special career workshops, events, field trips, and activities
- Friendly staff of community partners, volunteers, and LEAP employees
- College Success Program available to 11th and 12th graders
- Post-secondary advising available after program completion
- Transportation assistance may be available to students who live more than 1 mile from the Teen Center and have no other way of getting to program
- District COVID safety protocols in place
Open to any local students, with priority given to students from economically disadvantaged households, English Learners, students of color, and first-generation-to-college students.
Teen Center Manager
For more program information, contact Avre Vickers using any method below:
Google Voice 978.219.9135
Teen Center Coordinator
For more information, contact Ivana Buenopeña using any method below:
set. 01, 2022
Novo estudo mostra que o capital social é a chave para reduzir a pobreza e capacitar a mobilidade ascendente dos jovens carenciados.
ago. 10, 2022
Estudantes de Thurgood Marshall Encorajados a Sonhar Mais No Programa de Verão
ago. 04, 2022
Dr. Robert Putnam da Escola de Governo de Harvard discute a Lacuna de Oportunidades
ago. 04, 2022
O Departamento de Ed dos EUA apela ao pós-escolar e ao Verão para todos
maio. 09, 2022