The Summer Work Program is a program for high school students (ages 14-19) to explore careers, develop job skills, and work with a mentor while earning money! This program is operated in partnership with MassHire North Shore Career Center, Lynn Public Schools, and Salem Public Schools.
Registrations open April 2024
Interested in becoming a volunteer mentor? Click here for more information.
- Personalized Component - Individual projects that match career interests!
- Supportive Environment - Cohort meetings, peer partner encouragement & lasting friendships!
- Innovative Programming - Job readiness workshops & leadership training!
- Committed Mentors - 1:1 career mentor to help with projects!
- Build Networks - Connect with peers, employers, mentors and the larger community
- Learn New Skills - Develop workplace skills through workshops and hands-on learning
- Explore Career Interests - Engage in challenging projects that connect to individual careers of interest
► Watch what last year's students had to say!
- DATES 6 Weeks in July in August - exact dates TBD
- DAYS - Monday to Thursday
- TIME - 10:00 to 3:30 PM
- Cohort Meeting - Team building exercises and small group chats
- Career Mentor Meeting - Chat with a matched mentor
- Peer Partner Meeting - Chat and encourage a matched peer
- Project Time - Design and develop a project that meets a real-world need
- Career Readiness Workshop - Hands-on learning in workplace skills
- Career Enrichment Workshop - Hands-on activities in career fields
Students work 120 hours during the summer. Program components include:
- Self-paced and interactive career readiness training
- Project based learning aligned with student career interests
- Career mentor for weekly advising on the career field and project feedback
- LEAP facilitator for ongoing support
- Hourly rate at minimum wage
- Daily lunch
- Transportation assistance available to students who are more than 1 mile from the program location
- Friendly staff and community volunteers
- District COVID safety protocols in place
- Open to income-eligible high schoolers aged 14-19 residing on the North Shore, with priority given to students from economically disadvantaged households, English Learners, students of color, and first-generation-to-college students. Students are welcome regardless of documentation status.
- Admission to the program requires completion of paperwork to LEAP and MassHire North Shore Career Center.
Program Site Coordinator
For more program information, contact Maiya McNaughton using any method below:
Google Voice 978-219-9881
For more information, contact Caitlynn Almy using any method below:
out. 09, 2023
Programa de Trabalho de verão LEAP em destaque no The Salem News
jul. 18, 2023
Aumenta o fosso entre os licenciados negros e brancos americanos
maio. 31, 2023
Vídeo de recapitulação das Grandes Esperanças
abr. 19, 2023
Fechando a Lacuna de Oportunidades
mar. 14, 2023