The Gloucester Summer Internship Program is a free summer program for students aged 14 to 21 where you can explore a career of interest, work with a mentor, and earn money.
After School Programs
- Build Your Network - connect with peers, employers, mentors and the larger community
- Learn New Skills - develop workplace skills through workshops and hands-on learning
- Explore Your Career Interests - engage in challenging projects and worksite placements that connect to your career of interest
Check back in Spring 2022 for more information about Summer 2022!
Students work 50-60 hours over the course of the summer. Program components include:
- Self-paced and interactive career readiness training
- Project based learning aligned with student career interests
- Career mentor for weekly advising on the career field and project feedback
- LEAP advisor for ongoing support
- Stipend based on attendance and project completion
In addition to engaging programming, added benefits include:
- Friendly staff of LEAP employees and community volunteers
- District COVID safety protocols in place for in-person meetings
Open to students aged 14 to 21 residing in Cape Ann, with priority given to students from economically disadvantaged households, English Learners, students of color, and first-generation-to-college students.
For more program information, contact JoAnn Leavitt using any method below:
Sep. 01, 2022
Un nuevo estudio demuestra que el capital social es la clave para reducir la pobreza y potenciar la movilidad ascendente de los jóvenes desfavorecidos.
Ago. 10, 2022
Los estudiantes del Thurgood Marshall son animados a soñar más en el programa de verano
Ago. 04, 2022
El Dr. Robert Putnam, de la Escuela de Gobierno de Harvard, habla de la brecha de oportunidades
Ago. 04, 2022
El Departamento de Educación de EE.UU. pide que haya actividades extraescolares y de verano para todos
May. 09, 2022