The Gloucester Summer Internship Program is a free summer program for students aged 14 to 21 where you can explore a career of interest, work with a mentor, and earn money.
After School Programs
- Build Your Network - connect with peers, employers, mentors and the larger community
- Learn New Skills - develop workplace skills through workshops and hands-on learning
- Explore Your Career Interests - engage in challenging projects and worksite placements that connect to your career of interest
Check back in Spring 2022 for more information about Summer 2022!
Students work 50-60 hours over the course of the summer. Program components include:
- Self-paced and interactive career readiness training
- Project based learning aligned with student career interests
- Career mentor for weekly advising on the career field and project feedback
- LEAP advisor for ongoing support
- Stipend based on attendance and project completion
In addition to engaging programming, added benefits include:
- Friendly staff of LEAP employees and community volunteers
- District COVID safety protocols in place for in-person meetings
Open to students aged 14 to 21 residing in Cape Ann, with priority given to students from economically disadvantaged households, English Learners, students of color, and first-generation-to-college students.
For more program information, contact JoAnn Leavitt using any method below:
Sep. 01, 2022
New study shows that social capital is the key to reducing poverty and empowering underserved youth’s upward mobility.
Aug. 10, 2022
Thurgood Marshall Students Encouraged To Dream More At Summer Program
Jul. 21, 2022
Learning Hits the Road in Lynn
Jul. 21, 2022
US Dept. of Ed calls for afterschool & summer for all
Jun. 23, 2022